Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July Fare

I'll be headed over to my sister's place tonight on Marco Island; we're going to enjoy a few cocktails and probably consume more food than two small-ish women should.  It's the Italian heritage.  I've always said that eating is a sporting event. 

I'm going to make coconut martinis.  Simple recipe:  Van Gogh's Coconut Vodka--about 1 1/2 ounces per drink shaken over ice with 2-3 teaspoons of Coconut Milk.  Strain into a martini glass.  Garnish as desired.  I've had a similar drink that was garnished with toasted coconut, but as coconut can be chewy when eating it, I don't find it a desirable addition to a drink.  Perhaps garnish with a piece of fresh coconut and a sprig of mint. 

Donna is making portobello burgers with roasted vegetables, and I'm making baby back ribs.  She has a Key Lime Cheesecake for dessert if we're not passed out from food or drink by that time. 

Have a great day, everyone!  Happy 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment