Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tommy Bahama

Had a great dinner and a fun time at T.B. in Naples last night. John and I enjoyed the young couple next to us celebrating their daughter's birthday...their son looked appropriately bored, but a good sport nevertheless.

The musician entertaining the diners had a playlist sure to satisfy everyone there, even if John did request AC/DC's "Hell's Bells." We "settled" for Tom Petty and The Eagles.

Our dinners came with sides of swarming flies, but that's to be expected when you're eating outside. The restaurant made every attempt to diminish the effects....lemon oil, citronella lamps, tiki torches, but to no avail. John's scallop slider appetizer seemed to attract more than a fair share of intruders, and although he was afraid of chomping on one, he seemed to avoid a mouthful. My Loki Loki Tuna Poke was exempt from the attackers, and I devoured every last bit. John had the snapper for dinner; I had the flatiron steak. The flies didn't really diminish our appetites or spirits. Speaking of spirits, my two Tommy 'Tinis with blue-cheese stuffed olives satisfied my tastes quite nicely, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment