Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mexican St. Patrick's Day

Everyone was headed to the Irish pubs today in celebration of St. Patrick's Day.  My husband and I decided to take advantage of a gift certificate he received for a Mexican restaurant called, "Tenampa."  We discovered that it lived up to the hype and produced excellent food along with excellent service.  John and I both had the carne asada special which was prepared with bacon, onions, green peppers, and served over spinach with a cilantro cream sauce and garnished with three large shrimp.  Quite good.  I had a caramel flan for dessert; John had fried ice cream. 

As we sat at the table, we did get a good laugh since we were at a Mexican restaurant on an Irish holiday with a bottle of Italian wine, and my husband is German....and because it seemed appropriate, he asked the waiter, "Where's the corned beef?" 

http://www.tenamparestaurant.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment