Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mahi-Mahi

Here I am, gang. (Well, my "gang" of 16 followers....) Finally, a new post. If I had made a New Year's resolution, it would have been: "I am going to be a faithful and consistent blogger! Yes, I am!" Well, as it turns out, I'm in agreement with those who say that my resolution this year will be to make NO resolution! But, I feel compelled to write something and perhaps begin anew with some great food-related recipes, comments, tips, or perhaps as my heading suggests: Nothing food-related at all. This post, however, happens to be a great recipe that I adapted from one on Epicurious.

Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Coconut Clam Sauce

1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 can (4.5 oz) chopped clams; drained; reserve liquid
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
4 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 teaspoon minced crystallized ginger
1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
Pinch ground chipotle pepper
4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
4 tablespoons minced green onions
2 6-ounce mahi-mahi fillets

Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Combine first 8 ingredients (using clam juice; not clams)in medium skillet. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper, depending on level of heat desired; boil until sauce thickens slightly and is reduced; about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in reserved clams, cilantro, and green onions.

Brush fish all over with about 1/4 cup sauce; reserve the rest for serving; keep warm without boiling. Grill fish until opaque in center; 5 to 7 minutes per side, depending on thickness of fish.

2 servings

This makes more than enough sauce for 2 servings...however...for two hearty appetites, this was JUST enough. I'm thinking it would be great on linquine as well, but it's almost like a chowder...so delicious that you could eat it with a spoon.

I served this fish with an arugula, tomato, and pecan salad; haricots verts, and grilled eggplant. Major YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment