Saturday, January 4, 2014

Chez Puma

For those who don't know, my nickname happens to be Puma.  No...not the implication of "Cougar," but a name given to me about 39 years ago when my nephew, Brad, began to talk.  My name sounded like, "Auntie Poomla," so it was shortened to Auntie Puma.  I've been Puma ever since, and I love it.

Back to the kitchen.  I LOVE a great burger.  And if there's cheese and sauteed onions involved, well...what can I say?  So, I had the urge tonight.  Went to Trader Joe's; picked up a million or so items to include ground beef, arugula, a brilliant cheese: Cheddar with Italian Truffles.  Really?  There IS such a thing?  Honestly, I love truffles...truffle oil...just the name.  I once had a Parakeet named Truffles.  But, as I always do....I digress.

Eric and Moireen sent me an incredible sampler gift they purchased at a great place they visited called, "O & Co."  Check it out at "www.oliversandco.com"

My menu tonight:

Arugula Salad with a Fresh Lemon Juice, Honey, and Olive & Basil Oil
Beef Burger with Sauteed Onions and Cheddar and Italian Truffles Cheese...OMG
Accompanied by a modestly priced Amarone.

What can I say?  It was super yummy.  

Here's the photographic proof.


No comments:

Post a Comment