Saturday, October 17, 2009

Cafe' World

Hello, my name is Pam, and I'm a Cafe' World addict.  Has anyone gotten involved with this thing on Facebook?  It's not a real cafe', I need to keep reminding myself.  However, I had to rush home from dinner tonight to serve my French Onion Soup, Triple Berry Cheesecake, and begin preparation of the Pumpkin Pie to these virtual customers. 

I've realized that I desperately need to begin a new business.  The virtual cafe' is not exactly cutting the mustard, so to speak.  However, it does make me realize how much I miss my former dessert cafe'.  In fact, after dining on an absolutely fabulous meal tonight, the desserts fell short.  We all agreed that the little place "up the road a piece" would have been a great spot to enjoy a cup of coffee and/or espresso, and one of my homemade desserts.  Now, don't get me wrong.  There are millions of great bakers out there, and in fact, one of the patrons sitting at an adjacent table from us overheard our conversation about the so-so quality of the desserts, and she agreed.  She said hers are better, too.  But, I bake because I love it, and because it feeds my soul.  It's like the olive oil running through my veins.

No comments:

Post a Comment