Thursday, February 11, 2010

Boeuf Bourguignon

I watched "Julie and Julia" the other day, since I received the DVD as a Christmas present.  The beef bourguignon scene absolutely leaves me salivating, and so that's what I'm making today.  Adam flies in from Californina in a few hours, and will be leaving for San Antonio in a couple of days, where he begins his new new life with his new job.  I wanted to make something special for him, and this special beef recipe fits the bill nicely. 

I'm following Julia's recipe, since it would seem to be sacrilegeous to use another.  The beef is in the oven for the minimum designated time of 2:30 hours, and I'm now sauteeing the mushrooms and onions for later addition. 

I'd love to invite all of you for dinner, because the aromas wafting from my kitchen are incredible.  There's snow on the ground, the sun is shining, my kitchen smells delicious, and Adam is on his way.  Now, if only Eric were not working, this evening's dinner would be complete. 

Bon Appetit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment