Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Home From Marco-La-La Land

...and that's just what one feels like in those beautiful surroundings......completely removed from life as we know it in the real world.  But, as the saying goes, "All good things must come to an end."  Sigh. 

Ok, back on Planet Pam, I immediately went to the ovens and baked a lasagna filled with ground turkey and bacon (yes, a little off the normal beaten path, but it was delicious!) and because Karen has been in withdrawals, a pan of Lemon/Lemon Bars.  On top of the shortbread base, I spread about 1/2 cup of lemon curd, then topped that with the egg/sugar/lemon juice/lemon peel filling.  After baking for about 20 minutes, the result was Karen-worthy, as "too much lemon" doesn't compute with my friend.

It's good to be home, but twist my arm, and I'd be back in sunny Florida as fast as you can say, Lemony Snicket. 

1 comment:

  1. You sure have some great recipes.
    I think I'll create a file and start saving some of them

    God bless you, Ron

    ReplyDelete