Friday, August 28, 2009

Pirates' Day










At around this time last year, I was preparing the cafe' for the annual Pirates' Day celebration in Barnegat. The township closes off a portion of the main drag and people gather from miles around--drawing up to 10,000 residents and vacationers--to enjoy the fun and games, street vendors, and local merchants. We had a special menu--printed on a parchment scroll background of course, and some of my desserts included: "Doubloon Macaroons," "Walk the Plank Coconut Cake," and "Yo-Ho-Ho and a Bottle o' Rum Raisin Rice Pudding." Lots of fun......everyone dresses as, well pirates....or wenches, in my case. This pic was taken with my "girls," as I called them--servers extraordinaire--and Giovanni, the silent type, whose job specs involved holding the blackboard with the daily specials.......or on this day, The Hook. Argh.



1 comment:

  1. Wow. You're the prettiest pirate I've ever seen. Previously that honor probably belonged to Johnny Depp, but you have him beat hands-down. :)

    Rich

    ReplyDelete